Babies are the most fragile of us all, they need to be cared for and protected, especially when it comes to their sensitive skin. Now, when you think about bathing your newborn you're going to want to use something that's natural, gentle, and nourishing to them, never anything synthetic and drying. Goat milk soap may just be the perfect soap for your baby.
Babies are more prone to skin irritation and allergic reactions than adults, so of course, more care needs to go into making sure nothing you use to bathe your baby will cause a reaction. Oftentimes, when you think about skincare for babies, the first thing you think about using is baby shampoo or baby soap. Well have you ever wondered what is actually in a bottle of baby shampoo?
Let's discuss some ingredients found in a well-known baby shampoo brand:
- Decyl Glucoside: used as a foaming agent. It is a synthetic compound made by reacting cornstarch with ethylene oxide.
- Lauryl Glucoside: another foaming agent, which is just fancy talk for a synthetic detergent that can cause irritation or allergic reactions to the skin.
- Sodium cocoyl isethionate (SCI): is considered a synthetic detergent that acts as a cleansing agent in a shampoo.
- Cocamidopropyl Betaine: may be mild, but is another detergent that can be drying to the scalp and skin.
There are many more ingredients included in this particular bottle that is synthetic and definitely not something wholesome and natural. Many of these ingredients will cause your baby to break out, have dry, itchy, and irritated skin, and you would've never thought to look at the soap you're using on your precious baby.
Consider switching to something wholesome, clean and natural on your baby's skin instead, like a bar of oatmeal and honey goat milk soap.
Goat milk soaps, like the name states, contain nourishing goat's milk. Goat milk soap made with fresh goats milk is gentle on babies' skin because it does not contain additives like alcohol, petroleum, or preservatives that can irritate their sensitive bodies. Goat milk is high in vitamins, minerals, and proteins that nourish the baby's skin at every bath time. It also has a pH level similar to human skin which prevents diaper rash and eczema from forming on your precious bundle of joy!
There are many benefits in using Goat Milk Soap in your baby's bath time routine. So, how does goat milk soap benefit my child?
- Goat milk contains high amounts of proteins and fatty acids which help increase collagen production in the body when added to daily skincare routines.
- Goat's milk also contains lactic acid, alpha-hydroxy acids (AHAs - water-soluble acids derived from fruits and plants), and minerals that gently exfoliate the skin removing any dead skin cells or impurities, this will promote brighter, smoother, and softer skin for your baby.
- Goat milk soap produces natural glycerin that helps to keep the skin healthy by moisturizing the skin and preventing dryness and scaliness.
- Goat milk soap is also a natural moisturizer due to its high levels of vitamin E. This means that it can help soothe and protect dry or irritated skin.
- Goat milk soap has anti-inflammatory properties which can help to reduce inflammation caused by eczema, psoriasis, acne, or other skin conditions.
- Goat milk has been shown to have anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties which keep your baby supple and smooth while fighting free radicals!
Goat milk soap is also hypoallergenic, so it can be used on even the most sensitive of skin types, not just babies'. Goat milk products are very popular with adults too because they reduce inflammation from psoriasis and acne, as well as prevent aging due to its high vitamin content.
Goat milk soap is a natural choice for your baby's skin and will leave them feeling clean, hydrated, and free from any irritation. So why not give it a try?
Our #1 best-selling bar of goat milk soap is the Oatmeal Honey Goat Milk Soap. Our customers say:
- "Eczema Solution - this soap has been so helpful for my girl. she has eczema and it has help her a lot. Her skin looks hydrated." -Ise
- "Moisturizing - This has helped my daughter skin so much. I shall order again." -Kathya F.
- "LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS SOAP! The Oatmeal and Honey Goat Milk Soap truly leaves my body feeling so soft. I love the lather it provides. This is a great, great soap! I will continue to purchase." -Valerie J
Here's the full ingredient list of a bar of Oatmeal and Honey Goat Milk Soap:
Olive oil, coconut oil, fresh goat's milk, sodium hydroxide, castor oil, cocoa butter, raw unfiltered honey, colloidal oatmeal, organic oatmeal (for garnish)
How are our goat milk soaps made?
- We start with goat care (yes we have real goats!), we feed them a high protein diet that helps our girls to produce milk with the highest fat content to use for our goat milk soaps. We milk our girls every day, filter the goat milk and freeze it to keep it fresh.
- We then use the old soap-making process called cold process soap making, by combining our frozen milk, sodium hydroxide, and lovely oils and butters that will nourish the skin. We use 100% goat's milk in our recipes, meaning no water is added so the goat's milk in the end product is not diluted and you benefit from every vitamin and mineral that it offers. We always use the most simple and natural ingredients, and of course, no preservatives whatsoever.
- Our goat milk soaps are then cut and cured for at least 6-8 weeks and then hand trimmed, labeled, and packed to be shipped straight to your mailbox.
Caring for your baby's skin is more than just finding a well-known baby shampoo and trusting in it. Do the research yourself, look up exactly what the ingredients are in the product before using it on your baby. After all, you're raising the next generation, why not start with putting a little extra care for the products you start with, and guiding your children and family to do the same in the future.
For more articles on our goat milk soap benefits, check these out:
We suggest you try these products for your baby's sensitive skin:
Oatmeal & Honey Goat Milk Soap
Unscented goat milk soap