Are you tired of struggling to find high-quality soaps that meet your needs and expectations? You're not alone. With so many products on the market, it can be challenging to find natural soaps that are gentle on the skin and effective in cleansing without stripping away natural oils and drying you out.
We're here to discuss five reasons why it's difficult to find quality soaps and provide a solution that includes choosing a good quality goat milk soap.
1. Confusing Ingredient Labels: Does this sound familiar? You make the decision to try a new natural bar of soap, you grab a bar and start googling each and every ingredient on a bar of soap, while standing in the grocery aisle on Wednesday night because these ingredients have 12 letter long/chemical names you have no clue what it means? Many soap manufacturers use complicated ingredient lists that make it challenging to understand what you're putting on your skin, this can be frustrating for people like yourself who want to make informed decisions about the products they use for their families
2. Synthetic Chemicals: You may know most conventional soaps contain synthetic chemicals that can cause skin irritation, allergies, and even health problems in the long run. That's why you're trying to do the right thing by switching, but it's so hard to get away from all these toxins.
3. Misleading Claims: The worst thing is getting a bar of soap that claims to be something it certainly is not. Many companies market their products as "natural" or "organic" when in reality, their products may only contain a small percentage of natural ingredients.
4. Performance - Will it lather?: You worry that natural soap products won't perform as well as conventional soaps, that the soaps won't be able to clean effectively or produce a rich lather. As a result, you may be hesitant to switch to natural soap products or may worry you'll feel unsatisfied with the experience when they do.
5. Availability and Costs: Most quality soaps are not available locally at a grocery store, and a lot of the times there is a hefty price tag attached to them.
Here are some tips to finding the best natural soaps:
- If you're out looking for a high-quality soap that is gentle on your skin and the environment, start doing research.
Most natural soaps will have very easy to understand, simple ingredient lists that consists of mainly oils for example:
Oatmeal and Honey Goat Milk Soap Ingredients:
Saponified: Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Fresh Goat's Milk, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Raw Honey, Organic Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Flour, Organic Avena Sativa (Whole Rolled Oats)
Even though our list includes INCI names, you can clearly see what each INCI name means in brackets.
- Misleading claims can be debunked as soon as you look at the ingredients on a bar of soap. Grab your product and just go right to the ingredient list - does it start with a long chemically name such as Sodium Lauryl Sulfate or Polyquaternium-10? More than likely it's not a natural soap. E.g. Polyquaternium-10 is a synthetic polymer compound that's used as an anti-static agent.
- Preservatives - Check the ingredient list for anything associated with a preservative such as Sodium Benzoate. These preservatives are used mainly because they have to, preservatives are mostly used in body washes to keep things shelf-stable and fresh. But preservatives can affect your skin in a negative way like making your skin dry and flaky, and can cause irritation and rashes.
A Bar of Soap WILL Lather! Soaps in general, if made correctly will lather, it is made with the sole purpose of cleansing you but don't be alarmed when the lather is not the same as a regular soap you get from the store. A lot of soaps are made with synthetic foaming agents such as Sodium Lauryl Sulphate. These agents create a large, bubbly lather that can make you feel like the soap is working effectively. However, these foaming agents actually strip your skin of natural oils, leading to dryness and irritation.
Natural soaps made without synthetic foaming agents that create a creamier, smaller bubbled, but still effective lather. This is because natural soap relies on the chemical reaction between oils and lye to create soap molecules, rather than the addition of synthetic foaming agents. The result is a soap that is gentle on the skin and doesn't strip it of its natural oils.
When looking for a natural soap here are some ways to find them and ways to save money.
A good quality soap is worth every penny, it will give you ease of mind that the ingredients are not chemicals, and you can truly feel the difference.
- Look locally or shop from small businesses - A lot of artisans make soaps/goat milk soaps and they love selling them at local craft events or the farmer's markets. Small businesses also offer products up for a good price and the quality is top notch.
- Find and buy in bulk - buying in bulk is always a great way to save on something you'll use for the whole family.
- Find a company that offers a lower priced, amazing quality soap! We offer our oatmeal and honey bars at an affordable price because we want you to be able to have access to great soap. If you want to indulge, we offer other scents too.
In summary, finding high-quality natural soaps can be a challenge, but with some research and a little effort, you can find the perfect soap for your needs. Remember to always check the ingredient list, avoid synthetic chemicals, and choose natural soaps that are gentle on your skin and the environment.